- a source of solace and encouragement to those whose lives are impaired by loneliness, ill health or the threat of despair
- moral support and guidance through periods of crisis
- the opportunity to make friends and feel valued
- a visiting service to support people in their own homes
To make available:-
- a community room and meeting room for companionship
- a cafe offering low cost refreshments which is open from 10am – 1pm weekdays
- befriending support
- benefit promotion and direction
- confidential listening ear
- carers support
- information and signposting
- coach outings
- minibus outings
- luncheon club
- books on wheels
- jig-saw lending
- volunteer opportunities
To organise group activities including:-
singing for fun
knit and natter
- lunch club
Volunteers & Staff…….
Volunteers and staff have worked well together, needing each others’ forbearance and support. We now have over 141 volunteers who regularly give their time to support Brixham Does Care in all its activities and we could not founction without them. IN the work we undertake it is sometimes difficult to balance the enthusiasm of one person or group against the needs of another. The work of our volunteers is our lifeblood, it is invaluable and we genuinely value their hard work and we thank them for all they do in the course of a year. The more difficult and complex aspects of our work naturally fall on staff as they are able to provide continuity, expertise, detachement, confidentiality and liason with professionals.
Our volunteers involve themselves in every aspect of Brixham Does Care’s life, in all of our groups, transport, fundraising and genreally supporting all of our activities. Without them we simply could not achieve our aims. We are deeply indebted to the time and energy devoted by all of our very active volunteers. Brixham Does Care formally acknowledges the time our volunteers put in and annually holds a Volunteers Day in May. Many other voluntary organisations envy the support we receive from our volunteers. We thank all of our volunteers very much and long may it continue!!!
For more information on volunteering for Brixham Does Care head to our page Volunteers Pack which can be downloaded and handed into our office.